Hyde desires to fulfill the lofty goal of removing the pain points involved in creating and maintaining static websites.
- Support for powerful template languages like Jinja2 complemented with custom tags and filters.
- Rich object model and overridable hierarchical metadata available for use in templates.
- Configurable sorting, tagging, and grouping support.
- Extensible Plugins architecture with text preprocessing and HTML postprocessing support for complex content transformations.
- Instant preview using built-in webserver that regenerates content if needed.
Hyde is available on PyPI.
Installing hyde is as simple as running the following command:
$ python -m pip install hyde
hyde, creating and generating a website is extremely
To create a new Hyde website:
$ hyde -s /path/to/your/site create
To generate the HTML:
$ cd /path/to/your/site $ hyde gen
To serve the generated content, use Hyde’s built-in web server:
$ hyde serve
The website is now accessible at http://localhost:8080.
The webserver regenerates the necessary files to serve your request. So, you can make your changes and simply refresh your browser to view them.
For all the supported options, read the Command Line Reference documentation or run:
$ hyde --help
Your First Hyde Website¶
Hyde uses the
basic layout to generate your website by default. When you
view your generated website, you will see the following dummy pages:
You can now continue to edit the content, layout and styles to customize it to your needs. Please see the Templates documentation for more information.
Hyde is socially coded. Feel free to fork.